The number of Infertility cases among women is increasing at a fast speed. There are many reasons behind this condition and ‘Fibroid’ is one of them.
Fibroids – These are the small tumors that occur on the muscle walls of the uterus. They grow with a size of a pinhead, but may develop to a 10 inch diameter. These tumors are painful. They small tumors may grow individually or in a group.
The Uterine Fibroids are of four types –
1. Subserosal Fibroids – develop outside the uterine wall.
2. Intramural Fibroids – develop inside the uterine wall.
3. Submucosal Fibroids - develop under the lining of the uterus.
4. Pedunculated Fibroids - develop on a stem-like structure .
Fibroids cause pelvic pain and heavy menstrual bleeding in women. At the time of pregnancy, they increase their size very fast.
Symptoms of Fibroids -
These cells generally do not show any symptoms in many women, but other women may experience these signs.
Heavy menstrual bleeding that may result in anemia.
Pelvic region pressure – mild or severe. It can lead to abdominal pain, constipation, and back pain.
Frequent urination And, when these fibroids symptoms become severe, you may need to opt for surgery. In many cases, the entire uterus may need to be removed. So, it is condition that should be taken serious as ignoring it for a long time can lead to complications.
The symptoms can vary depending on the size and location of the fibroids. Studies show that women from the African-American descent develop these symptoms faster with severity compared to the other women.
Many women underestimate the impact of the symptoms of Fibroids as they are used to the excess bleeding, back pain and pressure in general. So, they do not take it seriously and the condition becomes worse.
Fibroids and Infertility -
These cells tend to return and could lead to infertility. Now, these tumors are not the actual problem, but their existence is. Their presence causes complications leading to problems for the pregnancy.
Women find it very difficult to get pregnant if they are suffering from this condition. They affect your ability to conceive a baby.
How does it affect Pregnancy?
1. Fallopian Tubes – During pregnancy, the fibroids tend to grow in size and because of this they can block the fallopian tubes and the blockage makes it hard for the eggs to move, resulting in infertility. So, there is a close relation between fibroids and infertility.
2. Blood Circulation – This condition reduces the blood circulation in the uterine lining. It also interferes with the uterine muscles that may also reduce the circulation. Now, due to this decreased circulation, an embryo does not grow properly and it causes huge problems for the pregnancy. This also proves that fibroids and infertility are connected.
Treatment of Fibroids -
There are different options for the Fibroids treatment.
1. Hormonal – This condition require estrogen and progesterone for its occurrence and without these hormones, fibroid shrink in size. Birth control pills are sued widely for this purpose.
2. Uterine Fibroid Embolization – This treatment works by blocking the arteries that are responsible for supplying blood and shrinking the fibroid. This one is a more permanent solution compared to the first one. This is a widely used treatment of fibroids.
3. Surgery – It involves removal of the fibroids or the womb. It carries risks. In many cases, it is not possible to cut the fibroids out, so the organs are removed and that makes a woman infertile.
Alternative Treatments –
Also, there are many alternate treatments – acupuncture, homeopathic, and many other natural treatments are used for this condition. The best part of the natural fibroids treatments is that they are safe and cheap.
If you are suffering from fibroids, then you should not worry that you are also suffering from infertility. It has been proved that fibroid grow according to the estrogen levels and when the estrogen level goes down, the size of the fibroid also decrease. So, lowering down the estrogen levels can actually help you to have a successful pregnancy. You can do this by changing your diet and doing exercise daily.
When you see the symptoms of Fibroids, you should visit a Doctor to know about your condition to take further action for the treatment of fibroids for that you can visit Ankoor IVF Centre in Mumbai and consult Dr. Kedar Ganla at Fertility Clinic in Mumbai